Thursday, September 1, 2011

A131726 Lua Yin San LJ05

A131726 Lua Yin San LJ05
This is the fifth time I write the journal consists of 1000 words in total. To my delight, this is the last one for the subject ZZZT Pengurusan Emosi. The lecture was held on 24.8.2011 and it was simply different from the usual one. We weren't taught like the usual following the lecture notes, however, we were asked by the lecturer, Dr. Zamri to do some tests about our personality and also some videos were shown regarding the personality type A and B. I would explain the outcome of the test in my text below.
 
  The type A and B videos were shown and it was found that type A people are more diligent, stressed and face more pressure from life. They are often looked busy with their work since they hold the responsibility to finish them on time. They are always in a hurry and impatient towards things. Usually, they get up quickly and they have the ability to organize everything and tends to be perfect. In daily life, we can observe that they drive faster and in workplace or in academic prospect, they are more competitive Time awareness is important and they practice the habit to look at the watch more frequently, so that they would not be late for anything. To them, punctuality is vital and a must. Type B people were almost the opposite of the Type A people. They are more relax towards life and often they wait till the last minute to finish their task. They have calm activities throughout the day and when they drive on the road, they would follow the speed limit and drive slowly to ensure the safety of everyone especially the passengers in the car. In terms of personality, they are also easy going and often have a pleasant existence among people. This explains why type B people are more friendly and welcome among people and they tends to have a lot of friends. They do not worry so much in any circumstance and speaks slowly. Type b people are informal, self confident, relaxed, calm and treat things in a more relax way. Type A people on the other hand often show anxiety towards things and according to a study, the risk of have heart diseases and experiencing stress are higher and greater among type A people. From the examples listed above and the distinct characteristics among this 2 type of personality, I feel that I might be intermediate among this 2 types of personality although my friends feel that I am showing the type B characteristics. I would say that I am glad to the result since I am more favored to B than A, thus having less risk of developing a cardiac diseases. This is important not only to health but also to the quality of life I am having.
 
  Next, I would like to discuss about the MBTI survey and the result of it. It is divided to 4 categories with each provided with 2 distinct features. In the end, a result consisting16 types of personalities are formed. I am classified as The Duty Fulfiller with the coding of ISTJ with each of the alphabet representing a category, they are I for introverted, S for sensing, T for thinking, and J for judging. There are lots of qualities and behaviors associated to this type of personality. According to it, ISTJ people focus internally and usually take things via the 5 senses in literal and concrete manner. They deal externally via their rational and logical thinking. This is very true as I often use my senses in a literally way and upon facing problems or conflicts, my rational and logical behavior would appear because I always believe that most of the things can be solved in a satisfactory manner and this requires a lot of acceptable and reasonably thinking skill. I accept facts just like I accept the truth of everything happening around us. This is mostly due to the inability to change or alter the things which is so real and right in front of my eyes, therefore, instead of disbelief written on my face, I choose to accept it. It is also said that I am faithful and loyal. I think this is important not only to me but also everybody since no one wants to be betrayed, let alone being not honest to anybody. There is sometimes where one has to lie, which is so called, a white lies but I still hardly accept it. Perhaps in times, things would change when I can accept people for lying because of their good intentions. It is said that stress is catastrophic to ISTJ and may turn them upside down. In reality, I found that there are lots to learn as I do not handle stress well especially doing last minute work. Therefore, I always do things especially in studies consistently. I would prepare myself well everyday with the work load which I can cope as I cannot afford to wait till the 11th hours. However, there are things that always pop out last minute and mess up the whole things. Therefore, I think the ultimate stress management has to be improved to cope with the emergency. As a whole, I found that it is rather true for me and I would work more to improve my disadvantages.
 
  The last one to be discussed is the big 5 theory, which I have a score of almost all for 14, which the neuroticism score slightly higher. More negative emotions is said to be experience more in me. In my opinion, perhaps this is due to my slightly more worries and considerations in any situation and often these lead to negative approaches of it. This may not be good since it involved some negative opinions towards certain things but I have to say that we cannot think that everything is so positive and bright. To certain extent this is good and luckily my score for this section is not among the high risk group.
 
  In a nutshell, this lecture had let me learned the inner side of me and honestly it is quite true for me. The baby face is for all the gloomy faces, cheers.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment